Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.torocinematickets.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
REFUNDS FOR GENERAL TICKET SALES
Toro Cinema realise that circumstances can change, so we have a refund policy that we believe is fair for both you and us. In most cases we still have to pay the distributor and third party booking fees, so the earlier you can give us notice of a cancellation and refund request, the easier it is for us to be able to help. We do not have to provide a refund if you have changed your mind about a particular purchase, so please choose carefully. If the goods are faulty we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act to provide a remedy.
Less than 24 hours notice before your film screens but prior to film start time – If you give us less than 24 hours notice that you cannot make the film we will transfer your tickets to another screening which is currently on sale, subject to availability and less any booking and credit card fees.
The film has commenced – Once a film has commenced its scheduled start time, no refunds, transfers or exchanges.
Refunds for special events or event ticket sales – Please choose carefully as we are unable to refund cash for unwanted special or event ticket sales. In some extenuating circumstances we can offer a voucher for a similar monetary amount. Please contact us immediately to request.
If there are extenuating circumstances please contact us.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CINEMA ADMISSION
You agree that your access to and use of any goods and services at the Toro Cinema is subject to these terms and conditions and all applicable laws
1. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the premises and remove from the premises anyone at any time for good reason. “Premises” includes the area under our front canopy, all doorways and fire exits and our rear carpark, loading bay and service lane.
2. We reserve the right to request all cell phone and other recording and electronic devices to be handed into a secure area for collection after the screening.
3. We reserve the right to inspect all bags being taken into the theatre and to remove any suspicious, threatening and/or unattended items.
4. We reserve the right to issue a trespass notice under the Trespass Act 1980. A person who has received a warning commits an offence if they do not leave the property, or if they come on to the property, within two years of receiving the warning. The penalty for these offences is a fine of up to $1,000 or a prison term of up to three months.
5. We operate a non-smoking policy in all areas of the grounds.
6. The use of any form of recording equipment is not permitted in any area of the premises, except with the express permission of the Manager. In some instances a Consent to Film contract needs to be entered into.
7. Mobiles phones and other electronic devices must be switched off before entering the theatres. Please be aware that light from a cell phone screen can disturb those around you and you may be asked to leave.
8. We or any permitted third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By purchasing goods and services you consent to you and your party being included in and to the exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
9. You are responsible for any possessions you bring into the premises and we are not liable for any damages whatsoever.
10. Responsible Service of Alcohol house polices apply.
11. Food and drink purchased from outside the premises may not be consumed within the premises.
You acknowledge the Cinema’s right to enforce film classification requirements set by the New Zealand Censorship Board and you will not purchase tickets that you (and any persons on whose behalf you purchase tickets) are not legally entitled to see, for instance if you are under 16 you cannot purchase and use tickets for a film classified R16. The Cinema reserves the right to insist that you provide suitable photographic identification depending on a film’s classification.
No Free List
The Company may impose a “no complimentaries” or “no free tickets” restriction (No Comps) to certain films and screenings in its discretion. ‘No Complimentaries’ is a restriction imposed for selected films and screenings upon their release. It means that no special complimentary coupons, discounts or offers are valid for use on that specific film or screening until the restriction has been lifted.
Where you purchase concession tickets online, suitable identification must be provided at the Cinema.
The purchasing of products and services may be subject to booking, credit card and other fees. All tickets purchased through this Site will be subject to a booking fee per standard ticket booked unless otherwise specified. The Cinema reserves the right to vary the amount of this booking fee from time to time, as specified in the ticket purchasing process.
Additional charges may apply for 3D films and for the rental of 3D glasses and as otherwise notified by the Cinema.
Times and Session Details
Times and session details in relation to tickets purchased thought this Site and on premises are subject to change without notice.
Where your purchase includes a purchase of any alcoholic beverage, you warrant that you are over 18 years of age and legally entitled to purchase this product. If you are purchasing this product on behalf of someone else, the recipient must also be over 18 years of age. You or the product recipient must supply suitable photographic proof of age evidence at the point of supply at the Cinema on request by the Cinema staff. If this cannot be presented, the Cinema is entitled to refuse to supply the alcoholic beverage with no further compensation to you.
GST applies to the purchase of products and services from this Site and will be charged at the time of purchase.
The Company’s obligations to you will be suspended for the period in which the Cinema is affected by any event beyond its reasonable control which shall include without limitation an act of God, fire, flood or other extreme weather event, natural disaster, strike, electricity, power or communications failure, shortage or unavailability of products or services or a change in applicable law.
No Re-Sale or Promotional Use
Products or services obtained from this Site (including vouchers) may not be re-sold for commercial or promotional purposes, bundled with other goods and services or used for promotional purposes without the Cinema’s prior written consent.
1. You agree that your access to, and use of, this site is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk. This site and its contents are provided to you “as is” and the site may contain errors, inaccuracies or some faults and may not be complete or up-to-date. Toro Cinema nor its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site and any other site linked to this site. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
2. This site is created for and controlled by Toro Cinema. Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand. Toro Cinema makes no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside of New Zealand. If you access this site from outside New Zealand, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.
3. Toro Cinema either owns or has the right to use the intellectual property rights with respect to this website and its content. Unless otherwise stated the material published within this website is the copyright of Toro Cinema or one of the operators of the products and services promoted on this website. The material published within this website may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of Roxy Cinema.
4. Toro Cinema is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and up-to-date.
5. No pricing or product description shown on this website or in any downloadable attachment is legally binding.
6. Toro Cinema is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in other internet sites including those linked to the Toro Cinema. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites.
7. Privacy: We may use information you provide us for internal record keeping, marketing, market research and in improve our services. We will never sell your information. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.